If you are sea lover looking for a chance to volunteer abroad while gaining valuable skills, this is the program for you.
Join us in the amazing natural park of ria Formosa and learn how to sail motor boats. You will have the chance to get your International Power Boat Certification and help the local community to improve the littering in the shoreline (beach, dunes and fishing harbour), protecting marine animals, as well as swimmers and beachgoers.
You will be joining theoretical and practical motor boat handling lessons, clean-up actions and awareness campaigns targeted towards visitors and inhabitants. And if you are interested and the wind helps, we can also provide your sail baptism!
Remember the ocean is far more that saltwater, it’s a lifestyle!
- Transport to and from the island
- Accommodation (6 days) onboard – Sailing Vessel
- Cleaning actions organization (Plastic bags, gloves and other support material provided)
- Power Boat course instruction (4 days)
- Work session with Algarve University representatives
- Boat trip/sailing class
- Farewell Meal
- Flights and airport transfers
- Daily meals
- Travel health insurance
- Personal expenses
- 6 days (for other durations please email us)
- 680 euros (25% booking fee – 170€ per person)
- Minimum 4 participants